Thursday 28 July 2011

my book list


 Happy Thursday everyone!

I've been so busy lately I've hardly had time to read
which, in winter, is a pathetic excuse... so I got myself two three new 
amazing books, thought I had to share:



1. The Gashlycrumb Tinies - By Edward Gorey  
This short and sweet book, given to me yesterday by my cousin Chloe after I came across the image 
of the front cover online randomly one day and posted it on her Facebook wall (We love anything
cute and creepy and Tim Burtony). The entire book consists of sketchy
black & white illustrations, each one accompanied by a short poem about a child and the
way in which they die... sounds absolutely disturbing, I understand, but if youre a lover
of these creepy/sad/cute things you'll love this book. Morbid but totally sweet.

2. Kat Von D: The Tattoo Chronicles
I am a HUGE fan of tattoos and absolutely love this girl... This book
is so beautifully put together with photos (taken by Kat herself) and illustrations 
done by her with interesting stories of some of the tattoos she's done on a couple celebrities.
More of a "coffee table book" (but one you'll most definately read, not just
look at the pictures) this book is gorgeous and a great buy if you love Kat and Tats ;)

3. Miss Peregrines Home For Peculiar Children - By Ransom Riggs
Another creepy cute children haunted type of book, this one was actually only released
earlier this month, and already Fox has closed the deal on this one and bought
the rights to make the film!!! So before that comes out I'd DEFINATELY go out and get this one!
It is fulled of creepy vintage photos of scary ass looking children, each one a character
in this book. (If you liked the movie The Orphanage [2007] you'll die for this book...
it really is amazing and I'm only half way through!!)
Another great aesthetically pleasing book with a great thrilling story line :)

Let me know if there's any other great books out there that I should buy !

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...