Wednesday 20 June 2012

Grunge Glam - A Fashion Editorial

Grunge Glam...


..............................................................

... By Michael Stonis...is taken to the next level with a little label called
Gasoline Glamour
(but more on that in my next post).

For now I'd love to introduce to you the idea about what Grunge Glam is all about.
To put it quite simply, it's a cocktail of Rock, Hardcore Punk and Metal mixed with all things Bling, Glittery, Glamorous, Beautiful and chock full of Sex Appeal.

Over the last couple of years, fashion has seen quite a few changes to the essence of Grunge Fashion, and Grunge Glam is no new kid on the block... The editorial I'm posting about was done in 2011, and in all aspects is still very relevent to today's grunge fashion trends... 
Let's take a look:

Overall the images are stunning, and I love them!! It tells a story of two girls simply mucking about at home in their grungy glamorous splendour, perhaps getting ready for a night out? (as the sun seems to be setting as the images go on...) The first frame caught my attention with the Brandy Melville floral romper (If you read my blog often you'll know this is my favourite label) as well as, obviously, the over the top to die for shoes by Gasoline Glamour noticed instantly in the second frame. We also have a bit of Faux Fur, leopard print, denim and Printed Band Tees. The images all have " a free-flowing and natural with a vintage feel to it"

Stylist Jacqueline Lavaun has her say on the shoot:

"I was really excited about 
this story, marrying the 
grunge of Kurt Cobain rocker 
inspired clothing with the glam 
of Lady Gaga-esque accessories 
creates my dream closet."

This entire shoot is really picturesque and interesting in every way. This style rings so true to my own I couldn't help but share this gorgeous shoot....!!

Keep an eye on my blog for my next post - Gasoline Glamour.

Enjoy the Pics below
(sourced from bentrovatoblog.com)

xo

..............................................................

Credits
Photography – Michael Stonis
Assistant to Photographer – Connor Stewart
Styling – Jacqueline Lavaun
Makeup – Jason Sanchez
Hair – Jose Monzonw
Models – Amanda & Asha at Photogenics
Location – Geisha Studio Los Angeles

.............................................................










..............................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...